Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I used to be beautiful, but now I am not.

So I was at the dollar store looking for candy, sour dinosaurs to be exact and I notice two girls in front of me, maybe 23. It struck me strange the wardrobe they wore and how I imagined that they were probably quite attractive when their clothes still fit them. Not to say they are not attractive now, just that it seemed that some how they had missed something. If some how they had not realized that they had grown up. Hmmm, I just wonder if somewhere they are writing something like this in diary or blog.

I used to be beautiful, but now I am not. I am not sure how this came about, but it did. In high school I never thought of myself as pretty, though I did notice as boys would look down my shirt on those days I would wear a top too lose. College came and things changed. My sorority sisters showed me what was good about me and how to fix the rest. Soon every guy wanted me. I would go out with the girls to the clubs and with just one look I could make any guy mine. I could take anyone of them home, with just one look, just to wish them gone the next minute. I loved every minute of it. How did it go so wrong? There I was today at Starbucks and the barista would not even respond to my flirty comments. I looked over at my friend with a look of puzzlement not so much as to why barista was not responding to me, but what had compelled her to wear pants two sizes too small. Only then did I realize that it was merely my reflection. Oh, where did that tattoo come from?

Who am I kidding; this is terrible…then again a friend a of friend does a food blog of south Miami and he just recently did write up on the infamous Hungry Bear Subs. I personally have never been there but I have heard the legend. I was once told of this placed that was nicknames “ghetto subs” I am not sure if this the same place, but it should be. If you ever needed to grow into those pants that are two sizes too big this is the place to start.

No comments: