Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Stalking the Next Frontier in Treasure Hunting.

Is there something wrong with stalking? I think we all do it. Maybe we are not up in trees with binoculars like George McFly from Back to the Future, but you know you do it. Checking someone’s Facebook status or checking to see who there friends are, waiting at places we know they will show up at... I bring this up because a friend of mine sent me a link to a saved by the bell where are they now article and I was intrigued by the fact that Anne Tremko a character from saved by the bell the college years had not been heard of since 2003. I wonder what had happened to her, where did she go. So I began to search the internet in vain to find out what had become of her. Not even Wikipedia could help. It just repeated that she had not been heard of since 2003. Had she died, changed her name, turned to scientology? I was becoming obsessed. I could imagine myself turning this into a hobby. Was I becoming a stalker or was this a legitimate way to waste time? I felt like a pirate on treasure hunt, maybe some how I could turn this into a game. Set up a website. People could come and challenge there friends to find out where these people are now. Even Amelia Earhart could be found. It could become a monster, treasure hunting for the 21st century. I could even make money off this idea. But no, this can not happen because I am still no closer to finding Anne Tremko...

No comments: